[MiNT] [MiNT][BINUTILS] Error when using ranlib

Hello,

When I compile SDL under MiNT, I got the following error:

ranlib: libvideo_xbios.a: No more archived files

This is when I build SDL from a hostfs directory using Aranym. When I run
it from a ext2 partition, the error does not come. The weird part being
that Adam Klobukowski has the same error on his Falcon+ct60, on a ext2
partition also. Binutils is 2.13.2.1 from sparemint. When using the old
binutils 2.9.1, I just got the error:

ranlib: libvideo_xbios.a: file not found

It is the only .a file in the SDL build process that contains only one
object file. So I think the error is due to this fact. But it is strange
that it works when I cross-compile it for m68k-atari-mint, or when I
compile it natively under Aranym on a ext2 partition on a disk image.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://membres.lycos.fr/pmandin/