[MiNT] Compiling current kernel

Hi!

I checked out the current kernel from CVS a couple of days ago, but
compilation failed:

make[4]: Entering directory `/e/root/src/freemint/sys/.compile_000'
gcc -I.. -D__KERNEL__ -DLANG_ENGLISH -m68000 -mshort -g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fstrength-reduce -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Winline -c ../init.c -o init.o
../init.c: In function `mint_thread':
../init.c:1359: `MSG_init_rom_AES' undeclared (first use in this function)
../init.c:1359: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../init.c:1359: for each function it appears in.)

Must I upgrade anything else as well? MiNTlib?

Another thing is that multitasking on my Milan doesn't work as smoothly
as I remember it from my Falcon/AB. Almost like preemption doesn't work.
E.g. when compiling or doing other CPU-intensive stuff, I can't do
anything else. The AES doesn't respond at all. You can see this while
decompressing large archives. On my Falcon/AB, tar will list the unpacked
files while decompressing. On my Milan, nothing is displayed until the
entire archive is unpacked, then the entire list is displayed.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein    http://home.nvg.org/~joska/
*/