[MiNT] Bit rot

Not liking the results of "Fatal Errors", I changed something.

What was running as the MiNT kernal was from the EasyMint
installer program, MINTNP30.PRG, with a length of 240,297 bytes.

What I had around to try was MINT030 program, length 240,292
bytes, in /boot/kernels/.

That is what is running now, and seems to work, unless the
problem was related to the barometric pressure in Kenya, or
something like that.

That is five bytes, or two or three lines of code that is not
there, and does not seem to be missed. It also does change memory
protection status.

What I just got from the SpareMiNT home page is 240,297 bytes
long.

So, how did that 240,292 MiNT kernel get into /boot/kernels/?

It seems to work, but it is not the same file as the others,
which should all be the same. And an RPM file put it there. Right
or wrong, they should at least be consistent, for maintenance
purposes.

Bottom line seems to be that NP is not right for what programs I
am running, and two lines less of source code do not affect an
area I am using.

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |