Re: [MiNT] Multi-threading on MiNT OS ?

Hi!

> " MiNT does not know threads.
> The functionality designated as threads
> in the MiNT source-text creates its own process, solely in the same
> memory area.
> (...)
> Is it true? MiNT doen't know threads?

No, there are no "true" threads in MiNT, AFAIK.

> And the PTH library? Is it not for thread's handling?

I've never used it, so I don't know how does it operate. Perhaps someone
else would answer this.

> Clearly, What's the difference between tfork() and Pfork() functions?

Pfork() creates a child process which runs concurrently with the parent and
shares the TEXT segment with the parent, while the BSS/DATA segments are
separate. tfork() creates a child process which runs concurrently with the
parent and shares all the memory with the parent.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est, aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (T. Liuius XXIV, 25).