Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

V St, 10. 12. 2003 v 18:29, Martin /Nightowl/ Byttebier píše:
> I considered Aranym as thé future but after seem lots of agressive
> postings from Aranym people my faith is getting weaker and weaker.

We used to call it the only viable TOS/FreeMiNT compatible platform for
the future. I hope it's not too aggressive.

> Furthermore, although Aranym is a blessing for (some) programmers,
> Aranym will certainly not discourage the few average Atari users left to
> abord the scene completely.

I may not get it correctly. Not discourage means encourage, right?
"ARAnyM will certainly encourage users to abord the scene" - what scene
do you mean? ARAnyM was born to actually keep users on the
Atari/TOS/FreeMiNT scene! Those that were left without working hardware
and those that were slowly switching to Wintels as their 520ST looked so
slow and weak.

> What we need (we=common Atari-user) are new up-to-date programs and a
> brandnew real TOS machine and not emu's which IMHO kills the Atari
> scene little by little.

Misunderstanding again. ARAnyM is a tool for developers that allow them
to develop new up-to-date programs. I don't see how ARAnyM could kill
the scene. IMHO it supports it and helps keep it alive.

Petr