Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 11:36, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> > To come back to the poweroff feature, I don't think this is very
> > timecritical and need to be optimized very much.
>
> I am against defining two different ways of accessing the NatFeats. W

That's not precise. I am against HW I/O on ARAnyM only - I don't mind if
other platforms define NatFeats via HW I/O. But ARAnyM's speed would be
hurt by that seriously.

> illegal instructions of MC680x0 if running on ARAnyM. But I don't agree
> with adding HW I/O to ARAnyM itself (feel free to add it to CT60, for
> example, and follow the NatFeats proposals - the cookie/syscall wrapper
> ensures that applications will continue to work with it).

Ah, here I said it in different words so hopefully I was clear.

> source tar ball and read aranym/src/natfeat/doc/native.txt.

Direct link is easier:

http://www.sophics.cz/cgi-bin/cvsweb/aranym/src/natfeat/doc/native.txt?rev=1.8&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Petr