Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 13:42, Frank Naumann wrote:

> > So let me repeat again, the Cookie was a wrapper for TOS. Feel free to
> > define a different wrapper for MiNT.
>
> It's just the problem that you invent a hackish interface again and now
> I must adapt the kernel to workaround these wrong designed interface.

I don't understand what is hackish on adding one or two calls. Or did
you mean the kernel would have to workaround the cookie? No. The cookie
is not there. Forget it. There is no cookie.

Currently NatFeats use two function calls - one for obtaining the ID and
the other one for actually invoking the function. Can you imagine adding
two such calls to internal MiNT API or is this the hackish interface as
you call it? If you consider it hackish then I can't imagine how HW I/O
would be cleaner.

Petr