[MiNT] Trap #2 (was Re: fVDI issues)

Le Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:18:56 +0100 (CET)
Frank Naumann <fnaumann@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> a écrit:

> I just follow the logic. You need first kernel support and all these
> things before you can do any single test with such a user level library.

Maybe we could design a new kind of extension driver (.x??), which could
be allowed to register to some m68k exceptions traps. This way, you have a
"driver" that registers for trap #2. An AES library then registers as a
"server" for it, and AES applications registers as "clients". I was
thinking about something like that to easily change the FPU emulation
(pure software for 020/030 only, full 68881 software emulation, missing
instructions for 040/060), or a new MMU manager for bus error handler,
etc...

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://membres.lycos.fr/pmandin/