Re: [MiNT] MiNT, CT60 and power off

Hello!

> Well then, to summarize my deep thoughts : you shouldn't have taken
> the good old GEMDOS TOSFS file system out from FreeMiNT.

No, this is a very good idea.

> This is the only reliable file system.

Oh, sorry to tell you this, but the GEMDOS TOSFS is the most buggy
filesystem. There are for sure several well known bugs (depending on the
TOS version). You need lot of patches to workaround it. It also have
limitations that made it unusable todays, e.g. no long file names,
partition size limited to 1 GB on Falcon, 512 MB on TT, 256 MB on ST/STE
and it's slow.

> Its behavior is well known.

Yes, especially the bugs.

> trust in further developments without it. It's up to you to go
> where ever you want with the kernel. That's not my way, right ?

I don't know what's your way but FreeMiNT goes a way without an
underlying 12 years old, limited and buggy operating system. Without the
TOSFS dependency the FreeMiNT filesystem code can be cleaned up a lot and
there are new things possible.

Ciao
   ...Frank

--