Re: [MiNT] fVDI issues

Hello!

> > Both have advantages and
> > disadvantages.
>
> And what are advantages, when you integrate AES and the kernel? I'd
> appreciate, if you enumerate it.

Compared to the current design I see these advantages:

- speed
- no MMU tricks and hacks are neccessary to allow memory access for
  AESYS
- things that already relate to kernel (traphandling) are moved
  to the correct place
- no special kernel hacks to protect the AESSYS process

Disadvantages:

- kernel code increase (possible more bugs)

But on the other side XaAES is already an problematic user process. As
stated above it's not a 'clean' user space process and therefore use lot
of tricks and hacks to reach some things.

In fact that means, if XaAES crash and don't exit gracefully you already
have a problem in your system and with the stability. Personally I'm sure
that it will increase the stability of the system if XaAES is moved into
kernel space.

Ciao
   ...Frank

--