Re: [MiNT] Mintlib bug?

> I've compiled the tar specs that were already available against the
> new mintlib and had some issues as previously discussed.  A refresher:
>
> root@washi:/root>tar ztvf st157n.tar.gz
> tar (child): Cannot exec gzip: No such file or directory
> tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
> tar: Child returned status 2
>
> When I attempt to use the old bash version from sparemint from before
> it does not work.  When I attempt to use the old tar version it
> works.  So I suspect this is somehow related to the mintlib because
> that's the only thing that's changed.  When attempting to use the
> latest version of tar I have the same issue as well.  I hate to
> finger point but I just can't find any other problems.

This is difficult to answer, you know, since you only describe a symptom,
but this can be a symptom of anything. E.g.: bash path variable not set
properly (I remember that there is a version of bash - be it the current
one - which only reads its config files when started with --login
parameter), gzip x attributes being not set properly, filesystem being
damaged, kernel bug, and such.

You simply have to find out more.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est, aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (T. Liuius XXIV, 25).