Re: [MiNT] [Aranym-user] AHDI Problems

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Frank Naumann wrote:

> Hello!

> > > Why should FreeMiNT halt?
> >
> > Frank, read the warning message again. "NOT SUPPORTED". This ussually
> > means that it can't work at all.
>
> No, this message just means that you use an harddisc driver that even
> don't support the AHDI 3.0 standard. E.g. there is no reliable way to
> lookup the maximum sector size (information in the puninfo structure).

Ok, so what about this:

"PUN cookie (from AHDI >=3.0) not found on this system, system may have
 problems with the maximum sector size calculation."

I met this problem when using HDDriver 7.? that gave me wrong size for 2GB
FAT partition and I got error messages after boot. But user can't say that
this is the reason for such messages (unless he goes into the sources).

best regards

STan