[MiNT] AES editable field extension proposal (was: Re: [WinDom] Windom Password)

Hi list,

Some AES formular may be used to enter login and password. When we type some characters in the "password" field, this field must display "****" (a star per character typed) instead of the clear password typed.

ATM, that kind of OBJECT doesn't exist.

I suggest to extend the te_pvalid field of editable objects. The characters in te_pvalid have the following meaning:

9 Digits 0-9
A Uppercase letters A-Z plus space
a Upper and lowercase letters plus space
N Digits 0-9, uppercase letters A-Z, and space
n Digits 0-9, upper and lowercase letters A-Z, and space
F Valid GEMDOS filename characters plus question mark and asterisk
P Valid GEMDOS pathname characters plus backslash, colon, question mark, and asterisk
p Valid GEMDOS pathname characters plus backslash and colon
X All characters

I suggest to add the "*" character for password. For the validing point of view, "*" is equivalent to "X" (all characters are allowed), but the object display a star instead of the real character.

Any comment ? Any other suggestion ?

best regards,
Arnaud.