Re: [MiNT] AES desktop extension

It's true for old AES only in monotos, it work perfectly under Magic, MyAeS and I think under NAES, XaAES and perhaps Geneva. The only restriction can comme with supervisor stack size.

Well, this proves that it is not possible to write an application to work on all these...

Just not call AES in userdef! for compatibility, you should not need, what do you want to do that need this?

I have not understand exactly what you wan't to do with desktop, if you wan't send a redraw for the desktop, I think you not need anything at all, just wind_get WF_FIRSTXYWH and WF_NEXTXYWH on window 0 and then do a form_dial( FMD_FINISH) on parts get with wind_get() I think it work (to test)

It is not a problem to send the 'desktop redraw', but rather handle the redraw action by the desktop application.

Ok, but why would you take place of the desktop application? Do you wan't take control for desk or for all applications?

In fact in modern AES since TOS 4 it's possible you can take the object tree from the desktop and you should able to change the desk (not very clean) but possible for example to do a truecolor picture to a desk that not support this, it work fine (except with Jinee that is badly write and directly write texte of icon on object 0 rather stay system do it with icons! (really I don't know why?!))

Now it is different than the other window handling which is the thing we are trying to change.

regards

STan

Olivier