Re: [MiNT] MiNT on Coldfire

V Ne, 11. 07. 2004 v 16:41, Norman Feske píše:
> http://acp.atari.org/articles/mcf5407eval/mcf5407eval.html
"9.6 Keyboard input
Currently, MiNT does not feature a custom keyboard driver but relies on
the BIOS for keyboard input."

This doesn't sound like a MiNT 1.16 (AKA 2.0 AKA 2005 AKA sid AKA
CVSonly :-) version.

> Frank told me that he wants to make MiNT take over
> the whole system and kick out all dependencies to the
> underlying TOS. This means, to include all drivers
> that are needed for MiNT's startup (keyboard, screen,
> timers etc.) into the MiNT kernel.
> I would like to keep MiNT behaving like it does now.

It's not an OS if it doesn't manage the resources. It then feels like a
Windows 3.x - looking like an OS but still just a DOS extension. I know
FreeMiNT is different but it's still halfway to a real OS that can
bootstrap itself.

Aside from the FreeMiNT on Coldfire success which is worth
congratulations, the point 9.8.2 of the document really worries me. It
should probably be made clear that this is not an Atari/TOS/GEM/MiNT
applications compatible platform.

Petr