Re: [MiNT] AES desktop extension

Hello Henk

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 11:36, Frank Naumann wrote:
Hello!

We should use the normal wind_set(WF_NEWDESK) function to implement your
idea. I.e.
-wind_set(0, WF_NEWDESK, &objc_addr) sets the appropriate desktop
object. -wind_set(0, WF_NEWDESK, 0L) removes the desktop object and
disables desktop management
-wind_set(0, WF_NEWDESK, -1L) enables the sending of WM_REDRAW messages

[...]
I have propose to Arnaud this binding:
wind_set(0, WF_NEWDESK, w1+w2 -> &objc_addr,w3 -> -l,w4 ->-1) the two
first
Would be nice if one of you can summarize this and make a proposal so the
AES and application developers can aggree on it.

It already exists in XaAES (well, it did in v0.963 ;-) and N_AES

It is called WF_TOOLBAR
usage: wind_set(handle, WF_TOOLBAR, &tree)

In XaAES there were no restrictions on the content of the tree.
(in N_AES: only buttons)

There is a event message associated with WF_TOOLBAR:
WM_TOOLBAR
You get a WM_TOOLBAR message if you cause a exit condition on
the "toolbarred" window.
But it doesn't work on Windows 0 for desktop?, I not understand how use it.

The program "dialtest" that accompanied my distributions
used this feature with success.
A fine example of a dialogue in a window.

Because the contents of such a window are known to the AES,
all redrawing is automatically done, just like a widget.

In fact what Arnaud and Standa looks want to do is exactly opposite, they want message for desktop and not the system redraw itself the desk

Olivier

Olivier