[MiNT] Dirt Cheap Hard Drives

That is how they answer the phone in Texas, USA. The web site is www.megahaus.com. It needs Java.

I had an interesting conversation, while ordering half of their inventory of 2.1 gig Seagate SCSI drives. They had four, but the salesman I talked to did not consider that the end of their supply of those, because they had a "great relationship" with Seagate, due to the volume of Seagate drives they sell.

ST32550N is the part number I will be getting, come Thursday or so.

That does not mean that 2.1 Seagate SCSI drives are still in production, which they are not. It does not mean they cannot make more of them, if there is a market for them. It does not mean that Seagate does not have some on hand.

I do not know exactly what that means, but if you want a small Seagate drive, and they are out of them, one might ask if they could get one from Seagate for you. They might say yes.

Used Seagates have given me lots of troubles. Used HP have given me lots of troubles. Used IBM have given me lots of troubles. New Seagate has lasted a very long time, and really should have failed by now.

US phone number is 800-786-1157

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |