Re: [MiNT] System call bindings

Petr Stehlik wrote:

V Po, 04. 10. 2004 v 10:06, Olivier Landemarre píše:
All DTA description I have see in libs are wrong (I not look in recent mintlib so perhaps correct), the name part, have alway's describe as char name[14] that's of course not work with long file name! I have correct this by simply
char name[255]

No Mint support this! (not Magic) I use for for near 7 years with Pdomain(1)!

Really? And have you always recompiled the MiNTlib or did you just
change it in your application?
I just change the DTA definition in osbind.h, nothing more, and all alway's been correct under Mint. Under Magic when Fsfirst or Fsnext() find a long filename, the search stop thats all, so you can't find all files even file if short name stay to find

This logical it work, if a software do Pdomain(1) it's that is able to support long filename so probably if do an Fsetdat() have the good DTA definition to support long name, should not have crash. I never understand why Andreas didn't wan't accept this, for him it was a big problem I suppose some software done Pdomain(1) but not correct the DTA (and by default this DTA is not correct assign in first by the Pexec()), so probably it cause some crash with some software so it have prefer not add this.

I use Fsfirts() Fsnext() to my grep in GCCShell, because it's avaible in all systems, and because it's more easy to use than Dopendir etc... that not manage masks.

Olivier