Re: [MiNT] System call bindings

I don't know if someone can understand this but here something more interesting in comments:

Process domain affects system calls like* (...) *Fsfirst()*, and *Fsnext()*. (...)

> When processes run under the *MiNT* domain, however, (...)

*Fsfirst()* and *Fsnext()* may not necessarily return the standard *DOS* 8 + 3 file name format.

The Compendium is simply wrong here.

For Mint in his state is wrong of course, I agree. Can someone could test on the old Multitos? For me there is no trouble to do what is write. Now I have official Atari documention comming with Falcon developpers, and I copy explanation comming with Pdomain():

Atari doc:
Pdomain gets or sets process execution domain. This is a number wich controls the behaviour of a process. The default domain is 0, wich is the TOS compatibility domain and in wich all system calls behave exactly as they do under TOS. Domain 1 is the MiNT domain; in this domain, the behaviour of the Fread and Fwrite system calls when applied to terminals are controled by the current terminal settings as established by the Fcntl system call. Moreover, file names returned from Fsfirts and Fsnext may be treated differently; MiNT domain process are expected to be able to deal with file names that are not standard 8 character name + 3 character extension, all upper case, DOS file names.

Olivier