Re: [MiNT] Problems starting Samba

I am trying to start Samba. I have made the configuration. Have I tried
to keep it very basic and simple and just want it working to begin with

The problem is that when I start Samba I get the following error message:
(I start smb from /etc/init.d/smb start)

./smb: [: =: unary operator expected
Starting SMB Services: [FAILED]
Starting NMB Services: [  OK  ]

Do you have your "hostname" in /etc/hosts as alias for 127.0.0.1 ?
Line like this (assuming that "my_falcon" is your hostname):
127.0.0.1    localhost    loopback lo0 my_falcon

No, my line looks like this:
127.0.0.1    localhost    loopback    loghost

Should I change anything?

Add the hostname from /etc/hostname at the end of the line above. I think I had the same problem.

                          Bye P.B.S

               MILAN 060@60MHz  64MB RAM  S3-Trio64V2
                   21 GB HDD   36x CD-ROM TOSHIBA