Re: [MiNT] Extended resolutions?

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 01:01 +0000, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> I've gotten my CT60/motherboard mod equipped Falcon back from Mark Ducksworth
> now (many thanks Mark!) and I'd like to run extended resolutions. Before,
> with a Nemesis equipped Falcon, I ran something like 800x608 and I'd like to
> get at least that again.
>
> What software is everyone using under MINT and the CT60 to get extended
> resolutions? If there is a good FAQ/Howto, I'd be more than glad to look it
> over.
>
> Thanks everyone!

I don't think there's any real good FAQ's out there, but I use
CentScreen.  It's French and I dont' think there's an English version.
I could just send you my configs which is specifically for 800x600 (or
so) x 256 colors.  On my falcon, when I run this I get errors on the
scsi bus while the bus is boosted.  When it isn't boosted I can't run
this rez ;) This could happen to yours too, but maybe not.  I run
640x480x256 colors for now because I'd rather have the properly working
scsi.  Please thoroughly test your scsi if you intend to trust writeable
scsi drives (zip, hdd or cd burner).  Test at different bus speeds as
well as different expanded resolutions.  I was not able to easily do
this on my test rig for you.

Thanks,
--
Mark Duckworth <mduckworth@atari-source.com>