Re: [MiNT] New AES keyboard messages

Evan K. Langlois píše v So 02. 04. 2005 v 05:09 -0600:
> Personally, I don't think it will be a problem to translate, as long
> as the new event for key-up/key-down is consistent with the returned
> scan-codes for all AES calls.

How about scancodes returned by BIOS? Why should they differ from those
returned by AES?

> The real question was if a move to 16 bit scan-codes is a good idea.

Well that was not my question.

> A few people are calling me idiots for being against a 16 bit
> scan-code

I think that 7bit for scancode might not be enough for possible extended
keyboards (multimedia keys etc.) but full 8bit ought to be enough for
everybody (yes, I borrowed this sentence from the richest man in the
world).

Petr