[MiNT] Loopback device for MiNT, request for comments

Hello,

I tried writing a XDD (my very first one) for MiNT. I choose to
implement the loopback device, where you can bind a file as a block
device, so you can partition it, create a filesystem on it, etc...

Atm, it compiles, and what is missing is the losetup program used to
bind/unbind a file to a loop device. However, what I want to know before
going further, is if it would work. To have it working, the device
driver needs to call standard fs functions to access the bound file, so
is MiNT's gemdos part reentrant, i.e. loop device -> other fs -> other
device would work ?

It would be nice to have it working, so we could create ext2fs
filesystems on standard fat/vfat partitions, as some people are scary
about touching their hard drive structure.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://membres.lycos.fr/pmandin/