Re: [MiNT] XAAES slow?

Forward of the private mail.

hi,

>Under XaAES you can be sure you only get rectangles of dirtied areas.
>If you do your own clipping here, it would explain why zview services
>WM_REDRAWS slightly slower than other apps.

The zview case is only an example.. The problem is present with any
applications.

Of course, if the windows of this ones contain only few drawings or if
you use a fast graphic card, you can't see the slowness with your eyes
but believe me, with the videl, it's really slow.

Some applications like RSM becomes even unusable :/

This is not a critic, it's just to show you the problem.

>Yes, saw that in the video. This is not correct, and I just cant
>understand why this happens... sure you run the .km?

Yep, I'm sure because I can use the "tree view" in the file selector.

I use the last alpha package from http://xaaes.atariforge.net/ .

>Looks
>like there's slow handling of WM_REDRAWS in your app, but no problems as
>in the video.

"Slow redraw handling in my app"?

Maybe but it's fast on any others AES.

And again, the problem is not only with zview, it was only an example.

>I cant explain what goes on here. Are you absolutely sure you installed
>the kernel module? Please explain how you installed XaAES?

1) Easymint
2) installation of the package from xaaes.atariforge.net.
3) I edit the "xaaes" symlink from /usr/bin to launch
"U:/c/mint/xaaes/xaloader.prg"

That's all.

Best Regards,
Zorro