Re: [MiNT] Possible to have thread-like with MiNT ?

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 16:10 +0200, Patrice Mandin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if it would be possible (using a custom mode for
> Pexec()) to run a new program in the same address space as the one that
> created it (like a standard unix thread).
>
> I would like to use it to process audio (for /dev/audio or Xbios
> functions) without using Timer A interrupts.

Yes, and if you mean you want to run a function in a new thread, the
Pexec() stuff has been wrapped into the mintlib call tfork().

If you want to run an entirely new program, it wouldn't be the same
address space, so if I understand you correctly, tfork() is what you
want.