Re: [MiNT] WCOWORK implementation : conclusions.

Hello

Hi!

I followed the thread all the time and as there was the question for
some comments, so here are my thougths on the topic.

I understand the need for the WCOWORK-mode and i second it. As i started
to code some smaller programs i found it quite anoying to convert
between FULL an WORK-areas. WORK area was/is the area i cared about,
FULL was what the AES told my about the windows. If there is a
function-mode where a application only has to care about the WORK-area,
i think this would be a clarifying and easier to handle step.
This thread is long, I can't read all and I was on hollyday's

I just wan't to know exactly why WCOWORK-mode is for. I think only Odd can explain it, is there a link for this that explain this? because when I read some message it's not quite comprensive for me. Example here if it's only to be more easy to convert from full to work area, there is no interest it's less than 10 lines in a code, I don't think Odd add this only for this! I suppose it was to be possible change at fly windframe, I am wrong? If it is I think it's a way to do this (but I don't think it's the best way). So if someone can explain exactly and simply.

I have my own gem library since 10 years, I have correct it with the time, I not write any GEM code in my applications all interface is write with GEM graphic C generator. As I can remember, I never look for wich AES I use even use appl_getinfo (except perhaps for CICON support), I look only if I use Mint or not for execution problems and at my know it work fine on all AES (Even on single tos system), now I'm not against new features, but I think it should be only new feature that are not possible to add for a GEM client, the AES is a manager and should stay manager. Perhaps now we should add new higher level feature as Windom can provide, but it should be possible to add this on other older AES if possible, I think it should stay GEM and not a clone of what it can be find on X11, Windows or OSX (notice I dislike WDIALOG extension for this and not support it in MyAeS)

Just my opinion

Olivier