Re: [MiNT] usage of wind_calc()

on 7/11/2005 3:34 PM, Arnaud BERCEGEAY wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> AB>because wind_get(WF_WORKXYWH) is buggy in some AESes : with buggy AES,
>> AB>wind_get(WF_WORKXYWH) forget to take into account the height of the
>> AB>toolbar.
>>
>> And which AES are buggy? And how can they be detected?
>
> I have no idea. I've never meet this bug by myself : i use windom which
> have a workaround for that kind of bug... and this "workaround" works well
> for bug-free AESes too, so no need to detect that kind of AES.

I have personally tested N.Aes and XaAes.  This phantom bug is not present
as far I can tell.  What does that leave?  Geneva (does it even have toolbar
support?) and Atari's old AES.  Does anyone seriously use either of these?

> BTW, the new appl_getinfo() bit may be used to indicates that TOOLBAR are
> supported and that wind_get(WF_WORKXYWH) is not bugged (i mean the bit for
> wind_set(WF_WORKXYWH)).

What good is a bit flag if nobody knows which aes has such a bug?
I'm confused.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/