Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: usage of wind_calc()

Hello,

No, it is to make blitting faster.
A copy routine can copy faster, if it doesnt have to take bits into
account, but instead can just copy whole bytes or words.

This is why snapping was used and actually useful.

ok, thanks for the explanation :)

One might argue if this is good or not but I happen to like it. It can
also make positioning of two windows a bit easier if you want to aling
them right next to each other.

Well... i don't like when the movement of window is done step by step. I'd like very much when the movement is fluid.

In the other hand, it's cool when we have some help to correctly align windows (two windows border to border, or window at the border of the desktop...).

You know what ? i daily use KDE and it answers my 2 requests : the movement is fluid (window position is not aligned to a grid), and while i move a window, if a border of the window is very near another border (desktop or window), then the window is magnetized to this nearest border.

This is the kind of feature that would be cool to have in AES... and this will work for all AES application, with no modification of the API :)

best regards,
Arnaud.