Re: [MiNT] Cool new AES features

Hello,

I'll give an example to illustrate what i try to explain : in MyAES, the
user can set an image as background instead of the desktop, and this
background cover the whole screen (including the background of the
menubar). The first time i saw it, i found it very cool and great ! I
immediatly started to create my how background picture to customize my
desktop. I was very happy USER. There is no change in the API for the
programmer for this particular example.

A picture for your background should be a desktop feature, not the AES.

Please read again: i speak about something that has been done in the AES, so it's definitively an AES feature ;)

I think the confusion came from the 2 definitions of the word "desktop".

- there is the "desktop application", let's call it TERADESK because it's the desktop application i use :) - there is the "desktop" that every application (including TERADESK) can install by calling wind_set(WF_NEWDESK). This desktop is a standard form. Let's call it the "background" of the screen.

The new feature is the following :
when an application install a new background, if the root object of the form is a standard G_BOX (this is the case for most applications i think), then the AES draw an image in place of drawing the G_BOX. The consequence is a great image as background for most applications that install a simple from as background... and other OBJECTS (icon for drive or trash in TERADESK for example) of the form over this background.

This applies well for TERADESK and INTERFACE for example
http://myaes.free.fr/capture.php

BTW, this is not the main point of the discussion... the main point (IMO) is "does this new feature benefit to the user ?".

best regards,
Arnaud.