Re: [MiNT] XAAES slow?

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:32:58 , Odd Skancke <ozk@atari.org> wrote:

> tir, 02,.08.2005 kl. 20.08 +0200, skrev Peter Slegg:
> > Has anyone investigated the 2 bugs I am experiencing in 1.16.x versions ?
> >
> > 1. cannot format floppy
> > 2. cannot send e-mails bigger than about 3k. Can't dowload stuff with aFTP
> >    for the same reason.
>
>  I think we need to know more about your e-mail problem. Which app,
> which AES, gluestik version, etc. etc. Cannot have a system not able to
> use the network properly. Also, what NIC and driver and OS?

Ok I have tested the send mail with both MyMail (different versions)
and Newsie and both exhibit the same syptoms. The mail starts to send
then the process stops for a minute or so and then instantly completes.
The mail is not sent however.

I was also trying to download files with aFTP and that also stalls
during the download and does not complete.

Naes 1.2
GlueStiK 0.30
NIC is an RL8139 and inside the XIF driver I can see the following:

AssemSoft's RealTec RTL8139 driver v0.8.01 (68020+), General version.

I also have the NFS installed but never tested.

Is there anything else that would be helpful ?

Regards,

Peter