Re: [MiNT] Sparemint Site/Updater

On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 10:47 -0400, Standa Opichal wrote:
> Mark,
>
>  > Sum has been packaged up and compiled for convenience (since nearly
>  > nobody will be using a CVS windom).  It is available here:
>
> WHAT???
>
>  > package it up into a release (disabling gem mode entirely) and move to
>  > the new sparemint site.
>
> WHY? Perhaps it should work as a frontend instead (not to be linked). In
> that case I understand.
>
> Can you explain?
>
> Standa

I'm confused... What was confusing?

I tar'd up the current build so people can inspect my progress without
having LDG, sqlite3, windom and a bunch of other libs installed with
headers.   I'd imagine most people developing on Windom aren't using
v2.x branch.

As for the combined binary with a GEM and console mode, it's just the
way I'd prefer I think.  I don't know much about interprocess
communication so programming a front-end will be difficult for me.  Both
the GEM and console need to have almost precisely the same functionality
so it's not like the console binary will be huge as a result of the GEM
stuff.  Octopus BBS was programmed in this fashion and I always thought
it was excellent.

Thanks,
Mark