Re: [MiNT] Compiling with gcc: ld eats all ram

Since this particular issue is a linker memory issue, there's one way
you might be able to get around it.

Yep, I saw this too. For example, linking the SDL library (libsdl.a
250Ko file) requires up to 10MB for ld.

I think you're too unfair to gcc - it's true it takes more memory than pure c :) but simple hello world is compilable. Try to decrease harddisk cache to minimum and compile it in console, not under XaAES/N.AES. I coded even more complicated programs with 14 MB falcon in this way.

MiKRO         Atari XE/XL/Mega STE/Falcon060          http://mikro.atari.org