Re: [MiNT] WM_REPOSED implementation

Selon Xavier Joubert <xavier.joubert@free.fr>:

> Hi AES hackers,
>

> Selon Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:
> > You can always add the option to tell the AES to send first MOVED and then
> > SIZED to specific applications, but that will only work if XaAES can be
> > externally configured on per-application basis (like Geneva can). I don't
> > know if this is possible, as I can't get XaAES to run on my Milan yet.
>
> A good way of handling this (IMHO) would be, when AES needs to move and
> resize a
> window at once to send :
> 1- a WM_SIZED message with the new coordinates (new X and new Y included),
> then
> 2- a WM_MOVED message with the same coordinates.

I do exactly this actually except I prefer WM_MOVED before WM_SIZED, this what I
do on CVS, and it work not so bad, in official 0.70 version I do only WM_MOVED.
In your case I know application that don't like it, for example Qed and windows
dialog in Windom, and there is other, I test only some softwares.
In case of Qed, with WM_SIZED it will change with and height to have a mod8  or
mod16 for this value, and recalculate sliders, then you put WM_MOVED with width
and height you wan't but not new width and height that application wan't, Qed
will put it directly but not change his size nor recalculate slider, this a
very small problem in fact. For Windom case this is stronger because position
will be good but size can be totaly wrong, because on WM_MOVED it not look for
new size, so if window is bigger than dialog, other part of window will not
redraw at all, because it correct size only on WM_SIZED. So prefer WM_MOVED
before WM_SIZED.

Olivier