[MiNT] A possibly unusual disk error

Environment: 1.15.12, N_aes, Thing registered,

Noticed a downloaded file was munged, and checked the file system on a work disk on the same spindle as my MiNT drive.

Each .. parent directory had, immediately following it, a .< directory, with copies of the main directory files. This is a one bit error repeated many times, and something fsck was not written to deal with. I ran it dozens of times, out of curiousity, and watched fsck get very confused sorting out the dots.

Do not know what caused it. Does anyone?

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |