Re: [MiNT] virtual address spaces

Hello!

That's why the kernel overwrite the XHDI handler by a system call wrapper. XHDI calls from user space applications are redirected to a system call and handled inside the kernel (privilege checking, restricted to root). So XHDI is no problem.

Ok, but still, driver lives outside kernel and is not even a process...

No, the driver is started before MiNT and thus per definition part of the kernel space. But for sure I'll agree that a source integrated driver is much better :-)

I do not understand. Do you want all processes to live in one memory space?

No, I don't mean this.

With Xbios, I understand the problem is that ew do not have all of it implememnted? We coul borrow some code from EmuTOS then.

You still have cvs access ;-)

Regards,
Frank

--