Re: [MiNT] Crash log

ons, 26,.04.2006 kl. 13.17 +0200, skrev Frank Naumann:
> Hello!
>
> > Yes, but accesses to the first 2Kb of ram should not be controlled by
> > the PMMU, but by the address logic.
>
> Say which standard? Anyway the Milan hardware don't do this (and I don't
> think this can be marked as hardware bug as the hardware is designed in
> this way).

 The Atari hardware was designed this way, to protect the system
variables/interrupt vectors, etc. Altho I cannot quote any documentation
right now (anyone who can confirm what I state here?), I am sure I'm
right :) Since both the Hades and Milan set out to be TOS hardware, this
is clearly a hardware bug, even tho it is more a missing feature. There
is no protection of vital system areas with this bug. And it is a
SERIOUS bug :)

> > I take it Michael Schwingen isnt active in here anymore, but if he
> > reads this; Is there a way to fix the Milan hardware?
>
> I don't think this is possible.

 That depends on what address logic is being used. Isnt it possible to
update some of the chips in the Milan? Something was fixed here
regarding the DMA lockups (I take it this was a bug in the address-
logic?) so I would think this is fixable in the same way. But I dont
know :)

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke