[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [MiNT] [Fwd: Re: Keyboard mapping on Milan with mint 1.16.2]
To be honest, I'm not sure I think it was okay when I got the Milan from
you and I really can't remember when it went wrong ... (very helpfull, I
Ok, then I have a few questions:
Has this always been like that? I can't imagine.
I have two Mint installations on the Milan: 1x 1.15.x (EasyMint) and one
1.16.2 (which I normally use). I installed the 1.15 one day since I had
the feeling that the Milan was fairly unstable but the behavior did not
change so I went on with the 1.16.2 installation. This one was created
from the sources and complied on the Milan (This was when I still
remembered your instructions how to do that ... a long, long time ago ;-)
Did you change to a newer MiNT lately? If yes, where did you download?
I don't thin it makes sense to send you my current kernel. I thing the
better way to go is to compile a new and current kernel from the sources
and go on from there.
Can we download an archive to maybe reproduce this?
So would you mind explaining me (once again) how to get a new kernel?
I really checked ALL my mint folders inlcuding subdirectories for a *tbl
file now and there is no. Also I did a "find / -name *.tbl" which did
not bring something usefull back. So I'm quite sure ther is no *.tbl.
Are you dead sure you don't have some *.tbl file lurking in some place?
I did not know that - so good information for me ... but not the problem
here I think.
Please notice that with current MiNT setups, there may be more than
just one MiNT folder. MiNT now looks in subdirectories of the the MiNT
folder in order to support easy switching between different MiNT
I see. May be it's a good idea to start a new installation from scratch
to systematically test everything. Would make sense to me since I tought
over using a larger hard disk anyway.
I really can't see why it would fail otherwise. I just did a test:
I changed the keyboard settings via MSETUP to US and rebooted -> US
Then I changed back to German, rebooted -> German layout.
So this should really just work...
Thanks for your suggestions and greetings