Re: [MiNT] What's required to complie a recent XAAES

on Thu 12-10-2006 10:53 Mark Duckworth wrote:

>Martin,
>
>You might also want to check out "Sparemint Update Manager" a tool I am
>working on which connects to my new in development (perhaps
>eternally :-P) sparemint website, http://dev.sparemint.org.  It needs to
>be download and built yourself with CVS but I released a while ago an
>alpha build that is an executable here:
>
>http://www.atari-source.org/?q=node/26
>
>Look for sum-0.1a.tar.gz.  I don't recall what features were supported
>in this build but you should be able to go to a command line and type
>"./sum.prg info" and it should compare your current package set to the
>server and recommend a series of updates.  If you likes the updates you
>can do "./sum.prg upgrade" and it will download and upgrade all those
>packages automagically.  The CVS version has GEM support if no
>commandline arguments are used, but it's unfinished.  As I recall you
>can do things like ./sum.prg install sed and it will find the latest
>version of sed, download and install it.  Usual package manager
>functionality.

Nice tool that is.
All the packages are up-to-date again now.
One small problem though.

<quote>
The following packages are newer on the server

Package: less-376-1.m68kmint.rpm
 - Installed: less-381-1.m68kmint.rpm
</quote>

Hmm, to me less-381 seems to be newer then less-376-1.

HTH,
Martin

--

             ************Grüße vom Okami Newsreader************
             **     On the seventh day He created Atari      **