Re: [MiNT] Undelete (fwd)

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, Peter Slegg wrote:

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:02:31 , Petr Stehlik <pstehlik@sophics.cz> wrote:

The other way is a manual work in the FAT tables but you don't want to
do that (unless the partition was perfectly empty before you stored your
scans there and you never deleted any file before writing new ones) -
re-scanning of the source material would be simpler and faster, I think.

Petr

I have found an app caled mundelete which claims to be able to undelete
from FAT32. I have managed to compile the source from the tar.gz
but it requires a classic unix style device name so I am not
sure if it us usable under Mint.

I used to have Diamond Edge on my Falcon. It was perfect for ubdeleting deleted files and other harddisk maintaining tasks. It was a commercial program though. Maybe it still can be bought from Anodyne software ?

I also used to have a small free Atari program that could do this trick. I will see if I can find it somewhere.

--

Martin Tarenskeen