Re: [MiNT] GLib

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:19:12 -0500 (EST), Keith Scroggins <kws@radix.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Peter Slegg wrote:
>
> > I will look into it. I have just built glib-2.14.3 with the --disable-threads
> > option but I am not sure what else I can do with it now.
>
> If I remember correctly, you can do 'make check' or 'make test' with glib
> to make sure it is built properly, and possibly troubleshoot any issues,
> but it has been a while since I messed with it.  It seems to me there are
> 1 or 2 tests that fail.
>
> I might give RPM a peek though, my 'guess' would be the problem with RPM
> is the configure script, either the order of linking or looking for a non
> existant library.  I only say that because I seem to run into the problem
> more and more.  Working on ScummVM at the moment (have an idea with some
> of it) so I might not get to RPM.  I do believe Mark Duckworth was working
> on it some time ago, unsure of his progress though. It seemed to me he dev sp
> needed a DB backend for something....

Hi Keith,

When I suggested the "package blitz" yesterday it set me thinking.
Was it Mark that was working on the dev-sparemint website ? I think
the aim was to build the packages automatically but he ran into
naming issues with the source and targets.

It would be good to have something like this even if it isn't quite
so powerful.

As for my work so far, glib-2.14.3 and zlib-1.2.3 build easliy
enough. With the innevtable tangle of dependancies I suppose the
best approach might be to start with libs and dev-libs.

It would be worth knowing if it might be better to delay until the
next big Mint release, if there are any significant changes in the
pipeline.

Regards,

Peter