Re: [MiNT] Stack problems with GCC 4

josephus <dogbird@earthlink.net> writes:

> I have a question.  I have gcc 3.3 on linux and if I declare   a file
> pointer then initialize it
>
>  (FILE *)  ptr = (FILE *) malloc(....
>
> i get lvalue assignments are deprecated.

I doubt that this is the message you get.  Assigning to an lvalue is
surely not deprecated.  But a cast expression is not an lvalue.
Moreover, a FILE is an opaque structure that cannot be allocated with
malloc, only the C library is able to do that.  Whatever you are trying
to do here, it will not work.

Andreas.