Re: [MiNT] gcc 4.2.2 compile error

I'm trying to build gcc 4.2.2 on my falcon.

So you are making a native build of GCC. Great !

so, 'make all' is ok but in 'make install' I end with:

/bin/sh: cd: ./fixincludes: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install-fixincludes] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/k/root/atari-gcc/gcc-4.2.2-atari'

You discussed some stuff about fixincludes recently so maybe you see
the problem/solution..

You're right.
I have recently enabled fixincludes again, because it seemed it was a bad idea to disable it, and the file syslimits.h was not installed without that (probably because of a bug).

However, I never managed to get the includes "fixed". Maybe it is only effective for native builds ?

First, you should try to understand why the directory fixincludes is not here. Maybe because of you previous problems, something went wrong. You may have to try again, with the updated patch...

Another idea is to disable fixincludes once again.
You just have to edit the file gcc/config/m68k/t-mint
and add the following lines at the bottom :

# Don't fix includes
STMP_FIXINC =

#
# Don't install the header files
# hmm, why? ... disabled now
#INSTALL_HEADERS =

Or you may hack the Makefile in order to not build the target "install-fixincludes".

Good luck.

--
Vincent