Re: [MiNT] gcc 4.2.2 compile error

Hi all,

> 1) Identify the directory having the problem

the directory having problem is top_dir/gcc -- my current state is
about ~150 files compiled and ... more 150 to be compiled :( It's true
it doesn't crash on every file but I've got list of ~20 faulty files
already which makes more than 10% of all already compiled files. To
say truth I'm a bit desperate about it.

I probably going look at that 'stack' command -- since with
aranym/ct60 there's no problem to have stack even 16 MB, it's
important to check, why the hell isn't possible to set stack more than
256K -- as I wrote in my earlier mail, everytime I try it, gcc (both
2.95 and new xgcc) crash nearly immediately.

> However it would be nice if FreeMiNT could do some stack checking... For
> example, on task switching, or on system calls, it could check that the
> stack pointer is greater than the end of the data segment.

question is, what to do next -- stack checking in its most primitive
form is done with memory protection -- stack overflow = memory
violation (funny thing is this can crash aranym, too -- I use
aranym-jit for max. speedup and sometimes when stack overflows it
kills whole aranym ;-)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org