Re: [MiNT] binutils-2.18-mint-20080119

> to 256K. The final link worked as expected (this is for you, MiKRO). I
> replaced /usr/lib/libc.a with the newly built one, and the "Hello, World
> !" compiled again. That seems very good.

hehe, feel free to test that quake source -- even under cross-compiler
there are some serious problems. get binutils 2.13 + patch (from
Patrice Mandin's site -- they are too old so I use gcc-3.4 as native
compiler), install, take gcc4, install, then go to quake source dir,
type 'make build_release CROSS=yes' and wait a little -- you'll see
even m68k-atari-mint-strip will fail! (core dumped!!!) The behaviour
on real machine (i.e. running unstripped quake.ttp) is similar to that
messing mintlib gcc2 vs gcc4 compiler -- memory violation. so we are
far from perfection (and this applies for g++ too since Keith isn't
able to run ScummVM).

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org