Re: [MiNT] coreutils & findutils

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 21:43 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> So,
>
> I've moved onto these two newer packages. I know Vincent had some
> preliminary patches on his website fore coreutils, and I've got updated
> ones now.
>
> But these two (and probably newer GNU tools) benefit from some new libc
> functionality, which in our case needs more kernel support in FreeMiNT.
>
> So I've implemented, fdopendir/fchdir/dirfd functions for both libc &
> freemint and I'm testing these two packages with them at the moment. All
> looks good.
>
> If testing goes well I'll send them to the list at the end of the week
> including the needed patches for coreutils & findutils.

Just an update.

Things are going well. Unfortunately I got blocked on a bash(&mintlib)
problem which I'm trying to fix first.

Then I want to run the testsuite that comes with these utilities just to
make sure everything works correctly.

I've got a bunch of patches queued up that I'd like to send out as soon
as they're ready for wider testing.

Apologies for the delay.

Alan.