Re: [MiNT] binutils 2.18

Hello, Standa !

Could we make the new binutils not to use d4 for the initial jump behind the
file format header (the instruction in the first few bytes in a binary)?
This is the thing
that makes us do some extra registry save/restore for kernel modules.

Of course, it would be easy to use for example d0 instead of d4.
I don't know the XIF binary specification. The "main" program of the XIF module is a classical function, taking 2 pointers, clobbering d0-d1/a0-a1, and returning with rts, right ?

If everyone consider it is a good thing, that register change could be done in the next binutils patch !

--
Vincent Rivière