Re: [MiNT] Some comments on GCC 4

J. F. Lemaire wrote:

- the -s option given to GCC does not seem to result in stripping the binaries.

This is definitely abnormal.
I recently saw a difference between the output of cross-ld and native-ld. The cross one was good, the native one added some garbage at the end. Maybe that's the same problem for you. Maybe there is an issue with file handling in the MiNTLib, it has to be investigated.

- the only new warning I had (which may or may not mean that my code is clean...) was 'dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules' on the following line:

This warning is very common with GCC 4.
Unfortunately, I didn't investigate it.
I don't know if there is a standard way to fix the code.

Thank you for using GCC 4 !

--
Vincent Rivière