[MiNT] RPM's

O.k.

I've made quite some progress on testing my setup with some of the
latest GNU utilities.

I think I'll be moving onto creating RPM's for them next.

One problem is that the current RPM's are very old and don't match up to
the new ones. Such that coreutils has replaced two or three of it's
older siblings. So using rpm -U to upgrade, gets tricky. And it'll end
up being a case of rpm -e, and then rpm -i to remove/reinstall.

I'm wondering if it makes sense to target Fedora 8's (or 9's) RPM's and
start to build up from those. Rather than rolling our own.

I've got patches to a lot of the tools, so dropping them into existing
spec files shouldn't be too hard.

Any suggestions on a base RPM distro ?

Alan.