Re: [MiNT] freemint & xaaes release

Hello!

Just one question which I have to ask because I have very little experience
with CVS: I checked out the sources a couple of days ago with the intention
of doing some minor adjustments to XaAES. Since you want to keep 1.17 for
development I assume that there will be no problems with checking in the
diffs?

No, there will be no problem. CVS is specially designed to manage all such things :-) You can also easily merge back changes in the HEAD revision into a branch if you like.

I've been using it for about two years now and I'm very pleased with it.
It's robust and works better than any other AES. I don't see any problem in
a release now - in fact it should have been released at least a year ago ;-)

That's nice to hear.

Anyone who like to help (default configuration, documentation,
installation)?

There is some excellent documentation on xaaes.atariforge.net which could be
included in the release. I think the installer should be based on EasyMiNT.
I installed EasyMiNT myself last year and it was indeed easy :-)

Ok, I'll ask gokmase :-) Regarding EasyMiNT: it's written in GFA BASIC as far as I know, so I can't do anything on it (I don't know if Marc published the source or have time to modify the EasyMiNT installer; time is such a critical resource ...)

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060