Re: [MiNT] ext2 8GB ??

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 22:59 +0200, Frank Naumann wrote:
> Hello!
>
> > O.k. it turns out that I should reboot after making a new filesystem.
> >
> > I guess the kernel might cache some data at startup.
>
> No, this shouldn't be a problem. The mke2fs tool Dlock() the drive (with
> implicitly flush & clear the cache).

Mmmm. O.k. Then I do seem to have a problem.

If I make an new 8GB filesystem and then try to do and rsync operation
from one 2GB drive to the new 8GB drive, it eventually dies with
filesystem corruption after copying quite a bit. It differs each time
when things occur on the exact kernel message though.

The source drive has a good quantity of files & directories, so I'm not
sure if you can reproduce this.

Alan.